I've installed a few games everything worked flawless. After a while I couldn't any longer start Metro 2033. A message popup appears saying that Metro 2033 is launched the popup disappears and the game is NOT started.
What I've already tried:
- Reinstall the game -> Still having this issue.
- Activate the game again -> Message: User already owns this product.
- Checked the logfiles -> No hint about a crash or error messages.
- Steam Won't Launch - CMultifieldBlob(pSerialized)
- Opened a ticket on the steam support site -> No response yet.
Does anyone have an idea how I could solve this issue?
What if more games become defective?
Now I see messages like this in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\debug.log
[0119/095917:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(2123)] Corrupt Index file [0119/095917:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(48)] Unable to move the cache: 5 [0119/095917:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder [0119/095917:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(264)] Unable to create cache