Is it possible to boost one low-level character with my higher-level one if both are on my gamertag? I do not have internet so I cannot join co-op games or anything.
Create a new profile on your XBox.
1) Play through the campaign (primary player- your profile, secondary player - temporary profile) until you are satisfied with secondary character's level)
2) Create a new character for your profile
3) Start a game using the temporary profile.
4) Join the game split screen with your primary profile and new character.
5) Use the main controller and go kill some high xp stuff.
6) Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each character you want to boost.
For PS3 and Xbox:
Join the game as your higher level character, and open the menu. This should allow your second controller to join through split-screen. (If using the same profile, it will treat your second character as a guest and will not share badass ranks or golden keys)
For PC: (Requires two monitors, the program "sandboxie" and two controllers)
Steps can be found here (http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=151660) - TLDR: Sandboxie is a program that will allow you to set splitscreen for BL2 if steam is set to offline
|show 4 more comments|
Unfortunately this doesn't work. Since you can only access your own characters when signed in, guests do not have access to them. There is no way to be able to sign in on two controllers so you can only use one of your characters at a time.
Just start co-op play with the high-level character as the lead and the low level character as the second player. You'll be able to play and save your second coop profile (at least you can on PS3 and you could in BL1 as well). The gamertag shouldn't matter since you're not playing an online game anyway, both of your characters will receive experience and they should both save, and then you can just load up your "boosted" character solo and they'll still be higher level.