I am currently in Chapter 11 and just got the Advanced Suit.
Is it worth it to switch to the Vintage Suit (10% discount on all items in the Store) every time I buy an item in the Store even though I already have the much better Advanced Suit (last suit in the first playthrough)?
I would like to know if I'm gonna be missing out on a significant amount of money if I stick with the Advanced Suit for the rest of the game, as I always stock up on ammo and other items when I encounter a Store, and after that, use the rest of my money to buy Power Nodes. Or would the lack of a 10% discount by the Advanced Suit not have a significant effect on my item stocking up (i.e. I'll have enough money, anyway)?
Some of the factors I'm considering:
- (A pro for changing) There's no more need to save money to buy another expensive suit, as the Advanced Suit is the last RIG available in the first playthrough.
- (A con for changing) Changing Isaac's RIG takes time as I have to watch a long cutscene every time Isaac changes his RIG (one for the Vintage Suit, and another one back to the Advanced Suit)
- I'm currently on my first playthrough (although an answer also with details for a New Game+ playthrough would be nice too).
- I'm currently playing without any DLCs, and hence, unable to use the DLC-added RIGs (to avoid having all weapons/armor unlocked at the start as detailed in this PC Gaming Wiki article here). I will be playing with the DLCs in my next New Game+ playthrough, so answers with details on the DLCs would be appreciated.
- I'm playing in Normal difficulty (an answer for the higher difficulty levels would be appreciated, in preparation for my next playthrough).