For reference, here is a comparison chart of the approximate cards on Tom's Hardware.
I ran the Crysis GPU benchmark with results of:
- 8800GT = approximately 32FPS
- GTX460 = approximately 32FPS - no increase in performance.
The Crysis settings for both tests were exactly the same for each test. And the test were run 3 times on each card.
Any ideas why the results would be nearly identical? Would this be a case where my older system is limiting any further FPS increase regardless of the video card I use?
My current system specs:
- Motherboard: Asus A8N SLI Premium
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+
- Memory: 4 gigs Corsair DDR-400 (XMS-3200C2)
- HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache
- OS: Win XP x86
- All drivers are up to date. System is kept extremely clean and updated.
Thanks for any input/insight you can provide.