As I was playing in the Summit Forest level (which has a 'Hitman' kind of vibe to it), trying to take down enemies as stealthily as possible, this got me thinking: How do the stealth elements of the game work and how does the enemy AI detect the player?
Specifically, I would like to know:
- Do the sounds you make matter? (from gunfire, walking on different types of floor, or through water, knocking over objects or bumping wind chimes)
- Will walking instead of running lessen sound and likelihood of detection?
- Are some guns or weapons 'quieter' than others? Does the bow and arrow, and a silenced pistol have the same or different noise levels?
- Does sight or light levels matter? Will having a lit torch make you easier to detect? Can I lurk in the shadows? Sneak behind people? Hide behind objects? Being on a different level (a floor up or down)?
- Once you're spotted, is hiding effective, or will the enemies instantly and constantly know where you're hiding?
- Do enemies alert each other when of them has spotted you?
- Will enemies be alerted when they come across a body you killed? How does this change their behavior and their likelihood of detecting you?
- Any enemies with unique behavior when it comes to player detection?
- Does difficulty matter?