I have a problem with
Fallout 3 GOTY and with
Fallout : New Vegas, both Steam version. Fallout 3 GOTY crashes as soon as I try to create a New game, while Fallout : New Vegas crashes immediately after first video. No other messages than the generic Windows 'Application stops working' dialog.
I have tried many things:
- Check game steam cache
- Re-downloaded the whole game content two times(!)
- Set lowest/highest default settings
- Start in window/full screen mode
- Change different resolutions
I have no mods installed.
My config: AMD X3 720 - XFX ATI HD 4770 - 4 GB RAM - Windows 7 32-bit
UPDATE: I tried also the following things but STILL no result
- Updated drivers to latest 10.10 from ATI/AMD
- Re-installed DirectX
- Set Compatibility Mode to Fallout3.exe and FalloutLauncher.exe both Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP2
- Changed Fallout3.exe and FalloutLauncher.exe to disable Visual Themes, Desktop Composition, DPI settings and Run as Administrator
- Game for Windows LIVE Disabler
- Disabled all 3rd parties services and aborted most of Windows processes
- Checked GPU BIOS version, is the last
FIRST BOUNTY Bounty ended without a working solution. Bounty points have been assigned to Oak, that suggested to install Windows XP in dual boot. Question remains open, because I would prefer playing it in Windows 7 in the future, if possible.
UPDATE I cannot believe it! I bought
Fallout:New Vegas on Steam sales and SAME problem!