In Gran Turismo 4 for PS2, I play the Gran Turismo mode. When I take part in a race tournament, it often goes like this:
- Buy a car which is allowed to drive in this tournament
- Start the tournament
- Recognise that the car is far to fast (winning is easy) or to slow (winning impossible)
- Buy a new car or tune the car
- Try again - race is still to easy/too hard
- Tuning the car again
- Try again, and again, and again...
I repeat the last steps often until I find a setup for my car so that the race is challenging, but possible to win. Unfortunately, this process takes very long (yesterday I spent 2 hours with it!), costly and annoying. Another problem is that the opponent cars are not always the same, so taking part twice in a race tournament could be easier one time and more challenging the other time.
Is there a way to know in "advance" which car and setup I should take so that the race is challenging, but not impossible? Is this problem fixed in future Gran Turismo versions (Gran Turismo 5)?