I found a way to move my hi-hat farther left without having to move either blue or green over to the left-hand side (which was driving me crazy). However, this will only work if you have an extra RB drum kit around to cannibalize. (Since the pieces of my RB1 kit turned out to be compatible, I assume an RB2 kit would be, but I don't know.)
I removed the long clamp from between the blue and green cymbals. Then I took the yellow cymbal and its pole out of their clamp, replacing that pole with one leg (both the post and the foot) of my old RB1 drums. Finally, using the long clamp, I attached the yellow cymbal and its pole sticking out to the left of the RB1 pole.
Here's the back of the left-hand side; the yellow cymbal is just above the picture frame. Note the two 'nested' feet at the bottom.
Here's the back of the right-hand side. At first it was unchanged except for the removal of the cross-brace clamp; then I realized I could use the other leg of my old drums to stabilize the post of the green cymbal, which was wobbling without the cross-brace:
There's nothing attaching the green cymbal's post to the leg; I just adjusted the extra leg's height to sliiiightly higher than the bottom of the green post, so that when I nestled the base of the green post into the open upper end of the extra leg, the extra leg would take some of the weight.
Here's a drummer's-eye view of the result: