Similar to my older questions for BioShock 1 and 2, I would like to know what the stealth elements are, how they work, and how the enemy AI detects the player in BioShock Infinite. This is in case one wants to be extra-sneaky when playing through it.
One of the reasons I asked this question is because BioShock 1 and 2 had stealth elements and even stealth and detection-modifying gene tonics ('gear' in BioShock Infinite) like Wrench Lurker, Natural Camouflage and Security Evasion. Stealth kills can be done on 'unaware' opponents on both of those games. And certain plasmids (Vigor in BioShock Infinite) can make opponents 'unaware' or affect how easily you are detected (e.g. Insect Swarm). I was wondering if BioShock Infinite has similar stealth aspects in its gameplay.
- How does your distance to an enemy, before they get alerted work? Can I sneak near a non-alerted enemy to melee attack or shoot him/it in the face? At what distance will enemies be alerted to my presence?
- Do the sounds you make matter? (from weapon reloading/equipping sounds, gunfire, vigor effects to walking on different types of floor) Will crouch walking lessen sound?
- Does sight or light levels matter? Can I lurk in the shadows? Sneak behind people? Hide behind objects? Being on a different level (a floor up or down)?
- Once you're spotted, is hiding effective? Do enemies alert each other? What if they see a dead body you killed?
- Any enemies with unique behavior when it comes to player detection?
- Is Elizabeth also detected by enemies?
- How does the 'Gear Head' hat gear work? It is described as a gear that will make you "become harder to detect" and "affects automated turrets, zepplins and motorized patriots". How does it make you "harder to detect" by those mentioned enemies?
- Does difficulty matter?