Which succession law applies to king/duke/count titles held by an emperor? I found this answer that says the emperor title is separate from the duchy/kingdom, but the answer does not elaborate.
(Obviously, the emperor title is inherited based on the succession laws of the empire.)
Edit: I'm looking for an explanation of the general rules that are applied, not how to find the succession law in force for a specific title at a specific instant in time.
Edit 2: As I understand, when your character holds multiple titles, the succession law of your primary title usually "supersedes" the succession laws of other titles. For example
- If you hold 1 king title, or your highest title is count or duke, the succession law of your primary title applies to all of your titles.
- If you hold multiple king titles (and no emperor title), each king title has its own succession law. (see this answer for more)
- What if you hold an emperor title and no king titles?
- What if you hold an emperor title and 1 king title?
- What if you hold an emperor title and multiple king titles?