I've done a lot of google work to see if there is a solution to making my XBOX show up as an open nat. Still no luck. I have a Linksys WRT160N with v3.0.03 firmware.
Here is what I have done so far:
- Set XBOX to static IP
- Turned on DMZ and added the xbox static IP, saved config
- Turned off router, cable modem and xbox.
- Brought everything on-line - Result = Moderate NAT
Went to single port forwarding and set up the following:
Turned off everything, etc - Result = Moderate NAT
Disabled single port forwarding and setup the following in port range
Turned off, rinse repeat - Result = Moderate NAT
- Changed MTU to 1365 - No Change
- Made sure uPNP is on - No Change