Why doesn't Bioshock 2 start from within steam?
Windows 7 32 bit. Trying to open Bioshock 2 within the Library menu in Steam. The Securom launcher opens, then the executable itself. Then the entire thing crashes. No splash screen or anything, just a quick appearance in the task manager and both then disappear.
- checking the integrity of the files - all were good
- opening the game with '-dx9'
- deleting the roaming data.
- uninstalling, removing the Securom data, then reinstalling
- reinstalling drivers (NVIDIA 260.99)
- reinstalling Visual C++ ATL and other libs
It used to run fine. I think that I haven't been able to play ever since I installed the 260.99 driver.
Anyone run into a similar problem like this?