Alright, so for the last 2 days I've been trying to figure out how to solve this issue with Skyrim, Fallout 3, and New Vegas.
When starting Skyrim, my mouse responds fine, but my windows cursor also appears. To solve that, I'd alt-tab and play the game as usual. However, 2 days ago, I updated my Nvidea driver. Ever since, when I'd alt-tab and come back, my windows cursor would be gone, however, my mouse would lag, jitter, shift speeds randomly, and 'slide on'. These things, apart from the windows cursor appearing, also happen in both Fallouts. (I figured they all have the same problem, since their gameplay engine is exactly the same only modified for each game, thus I'll use skyrim to test)
I have already tried the following:
- Toggling iPresentInterval.
- Toggling bMouseAcceleration.
- Adding fMouseHeadingYScale and fMouseHeadingYScale.
- Removing and altering fMouseHeadingSensitivity.
- Turning off gamepad options. (seem to have been on by default)
- Reducing graphics. (usually play smoothly at maximum everything)
- Disabling Logitec acceleration.
- Disabling Logitec driver reliance.
- Disabling windows cursor acceleration.
- Forcing V-Sync off with Nvidea Control Panel. (3D Settings)
- Disabling 2nd screen.
- Shutting down some background processes. (used to be unnecessary)
- Changing mouse sensitivity.
- Re-installing Skyrim.
- Enabling and Disabling MSI-Afterburner.
Take note of the following:
- Somehow these issues are inconsistent and don't appear in very rare cases.
- The issues are most of the time, only occurring before Alt-Tabing.
- I have tested the xxPrefs.ini edits on all 3 games, generally yielding nothing.
- There (so far) never occur any issues with my mouse, in windowed mode.
- Currently, I use an Nvidea GeForce MSI N580GTX Lightning, with Forceware 320.49
- I can run ANY other game (i.e. Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light) on high+ graphics (smoothly) (so far)
- Up until the driver update, none of the 3 games had any real issues
- Apparently I may have had such issues earlier with skyrim, and somehow managed to fix it, evident from backup files of a mod, that would help with this issue (if only I could remember)
- Skyrim currently is patched to 184.108.40.206.8
- [Edit] I am fairly certain, all 3 games have the same issue, so please avoid suggesting mods or workarounds, especially if focused on only one of the 3.
Please, any answers that could help in this would be great, though bethesda games are buggy, they also are some of the best ever made in my opinion.
If there are any further questions please ask.
Thank you for your help