I recently had a dream that reminded me of a handheld video game I used to have when I was in my early teens (1995-2000, though it could be produced before). My scheme of it looks like this:
The upper arrow is where the cartridge was inserted, from behind of the device. The arrow on the left is where there was a bendable piece of some gum material - you could actually tilt the device by some degree, making it either straight or bent.
Here are the features of the console:
- (IIRC) Monochromatic screen with one dial to regulate the contrast and IIRC the background color (like in the old monochromatic computer monitors, where you could change the font color, though not sure about this one)
- battery powered, but one could also connect AC
- had a connector for external gamepad
- built-in speaker
- diagonal keys, two general-purpose buttons and select/start (not 100% sure if it had both select and start though)
- mini-jack headphones input? not sure about this one actually
I remember two games. It probably came with a scrolling platform game, all I remember is that it didn't scroll vertically and level 3 was pretty hard (never went pass through it). (and, kinda obvious, levels looked differently. I also think that each of them ended with a boss).
The second game wasn't bundled with the handheld and it was some horizontal-scrolling space shooter. All I remember is that there were many types of enemies, including a boss. Also, when you pressed the shooting key for a longer period, you accumulated a stronger bullet.
Do you have any ideas what handheld could it be?