- CPU - Phenom II quad core
- GPU - R7950 HD
- RAM - 8GB
- SSD - 2x120GB RAID 0
- OS - Windows 7
- Up-to-date windows
- Latest beta catalyst drivers
- Up-to-date game cache
- No Mods
- Other software runs fine (unlikely to be RAM)
- Mouse trails disabled
I have New Vegas (installed through steam), it's been running fine since its install half a year ago.
I was playing a save yesterday, and after a couple of hours I encountered something that seemed like a memory problem (glitchy, shaky movement, clipping issues), which led to a CTD after several minutes. I tried playing again today, and on passing the intro screens, I had no mouse cursor, and seemingly no keyboard input.
Edit: I was able to get into one of my saves using the arrow keys (should have thought of that). I have no mouse input in game period, or keyboard input (aside from dpad and return)
Edit 2 Going into the settings, there are no mouse or keyboard options period. Time for a complete reinstall of the game :( - the ESC key works for skipping the intro sequence, but no further.
- Restarted PC, jiggled the cable
- I had an older catalyst driver, I updated to the latest beta (don't think this matters though)
- Verified the integrity of the game cache
- Deleted and allowed the game to re-create the .ini settings
- Searched for 3 or 4 pages and found no similar issues