Where are some good places to set up a home base in Fallout: New Vegas?
My criteria for "good" are as follows:
- Permanent (non-resetting) storage containers, the more the better
- Quick to get to from a fast travel location
- Quick to get to a place where you can fast travel away
- Nearby access to fire, reloading bench, and/or workbench for crafting
- Nearby courier access (would be a nice to have)
- Accessible as early as possible (with a low level)
This question (Can you get your own house in Fallout: New Vegas?) mentions three places, but none of them really meet my criteria. The locations don't have to be a place that is officially yours, just one that you can claim and use without having to fight your way in and out.
In the past I've used the Goodsprings Schoolhouse, but it's a long walk from the fast travel spot to it, and it's a long walk from it to any crafting places.