I'm trying to understand how exactly do psionic storms do damage, and how to deal with them.
- I understand they do damage-over-time - is that evenly spread over the storm's duration?
- How many times per second is a damage-over-time "packet" applied? i.e. how many times per second will a unit in the area-of-effect lose health?
- Do the storms do full damage to friendly units?
- Is it worth trying to run away from storms, or is it better to stay? Since if you run away they can storm you again, but they can't do it if you stay and fight because storms don't stack...
- Do the storms do regular damage, or do they have some special properties such as extra damage to some unit type, or armor-ignoring damage, etc?
- Do the storms hurt buildings? Do they hurt units inside bunkers? Do they hurt units inside transports? Do they hurt interceptors inside carriers?
- What is the range the Templar needs to be from the storm's center in order to cast it? Is it more than his view range?
EDIT: According to this video, psionic storm does 10 points of damage every 0.35, but that results in total of 114 damage, which is not consistent with the damage I know they do (80). But maybe it hints that the damage is done every 0.35 seconds anyway.