Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In WOW, is there a way I can find out a specific UI element, say an extra line in the tooltip, or a floating frame, is provided by which addon (or default UI)?

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

The /framestack command will give you information regarding each user interface element including details of which addon it is related to.

enter image description here

Simply type /framestack into the chat window, and then hover over the user interface element you want details on. In the above screenshot I am hovering over the VuhDo healing interface, which shows <2> Vd4 (and all of the elements on top of that element).

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.