Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

With less than a year to finish Mass Effect and ME2, I've been grinding my way through. Right now, though, I'm having some trouble with Benezia. What are some strategies and associated tactics that should I be using?

share|improve this question

I usually just ignored her (e.g. let the party handle her), and ran around killing commandos. If you let them set up or split up, they can be a real problem, but if you get them while they're grouped around the door, you can turn them into mush without losing your shields. Typically I'd hunker down and pare their numbers with the sniper rifle, then charge in and finish them off at close range.

The only trouble I ever had was that occasionally I'd get knocked off the walkways and be unable to complete the effing mission.

share|improve this answer
up vote 0 down vote accepted

I've managed to make it through intact. Standard use of cover and good position saw me through.

share|improve this answer
90% of the battles in Mass Effect 1 can be won with patience. The other 10% are when Rachni sneak up behind you and 1HKO you through your shields. – Raven Dreamer Jan 22 '11 at 21:37
Benezia was the boss that gave me the most trouble. Use cover constantly and always have a place to fall back to. – Steve V. Jan 22 '11 at 22:38
The low platform sort of under where she hangs out was one of my favourite places to take cover the first time I fought her (from the door where you enter turn right and it is the first left). – Xantec Jan 23 '11 at 0:39

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.