I've been playing Peggle for a very long time, but I still don't know everything there is to know about Zen ball (master hu).
Here's what I know (or at least think I know). Feel free to correct any of my assumptions or offer any other interesting facts. I'll give the answer to whoever provides the most useful or interesting insight into the algorithms behind Zen ball.
- Zen ball will simulate a few (maybe all?) possible shots within a certain arc of your beginning shot and improve the shot based on the ending score of the shot.
- After calculating, a percentage will usually appear (i.e. "240% more zen achieved") - This is the amount the score improved with the shot that Zen ball has given you.
- The calculation factors in style points when choosing which shot to choose.
Some things I would like to know:
- Sometimes it won't list the percentage increase in zen, but simply "Zen Achieved" or "Maximum Zen Achieved." What do these mean and what's the difference?
- Based on my own experience, I feel like Zen Ball may have gotten a nerf between Peggle and Peggle Nights. Is there any truth to this, or am I imagining things?