Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My problem is that I want to play my playstation on my pc monitor but am having difficulties because of the playstation 2 needing a Scart connection (or Red, white, yellow - i'm unsure of exactly what this is known as).

Does anyone know if its possible to get something to convert the signal from Scart to something my monitor will accept.The monitor has the following inputs: - HDMI - DVI - VGA

Ideally I would like to use the HDMI port because that can carry the audio signal as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

You're going to need something like this:

The red, white, and yellow cables are known as composite cables, so you need a composite to HDMI/DVI converter.

share|improve this answer
Thanks this is exactly what I needed :) for the reference of anyone living in the UK (like me) I found this alternative on ebay… – Craig Pilgrim Mar 10 '11 at 15:04

Buy an old PS3 with backwards compatibility for PS2 games. PS3s have HDMI output.

As a bonus you get to play with wireless controllers as well. Not exactly a cheap solution though...

share|improve this answer
This also crossed my mind but I already have a PS3 and the ones that are actually backwards compatible are so much more expensive – Craig Pilgrim Mar 11 '11 at 8:30

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.