Yes. See my query to their sales department:
Yes the Eagle Edit 2.0 allows you to assign d-pad to any key configuration
you choose for your keyboard.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Penguin United Forum
Eagle Eye Support Page
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 11:42 PM
Subject: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page
Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page
A user has submitted the contact form on your store.
Here are their details:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the PS3 Eagle Eye support remapping the controller's D-pad to keyboard
keys? I'm looking to control a fighting game using just the keyboard.
Penguin United Store
Penguin United Store is powered by Big Commerce. Launch your own store for
free with Big Commerce.
The reasoning for my question about the D-pad was this:
- The Eagle Eye is designed for keyboard/mouse control of FPS games.
- Buttons such as X, Triangle, Square, R1, etc will be mappable to keyboard keys, as this is required for FPS games.
- Movement in FPS games will be mappable to the mouse, as this is a key FPS requirement.
- If movement can also be mapped to the keyboard, then a fighting game such as SSF4 can be played.
- SSF4 players generally use the D-pad for movement.
Therefore, since the D-pad can be mapped to the keyboard, the Eagle Eye can be used to play SSF4 with the keyboard. (Eagle Edit 2.0 is the packaged software for configuring the Eagle Eye.)