I want to know how to get arbitrarily high in Thief games. I once read about this technique. I would say it looked something like flying. It does not seem like what developers wanted, so I would say it is a physics hack.
- By Thief games I mean Thief: The Dark Project and Thief: Metal Age and their mods.
- I remember it involved abusing game physics, it should work on clean installation of Thief (it was not done by console command or by some user script, game trainer or something similar).
- I remember, possibly incorrectly, it involved grabbing item (You had in inventory?), hoisting on it, jumping of it, hoisting, jumpig of it ... and it elevated You
- You had to have at least 2 items with which You did it, I think
- I imagine it looked similar to how somobody skipped final sequence in Oblivion speedrun (contains spoilers!) .
Do You know how it worked? And possibly why it worked?