I have a private Minecraft server where we are 2 people playing.
Earlier today I logged on, observed it was night, and logged back off.
Then I logged on just now, it was day again.
In the meantime, I know the other player has not been online.
So my questions (they are related) are these:
- Does time pass in Minecraft if the server is running, but nobody is online?
- Can I use this to my advantage to:
- Cook or smelt things in furnaces while I'm offline?
- Plant trees or other things before I log off and log back on to them being grown?
- Get grass to spread while I'm offline?
This might be a related question, but if not, please just leave a comment and I'll take it out to avoid having a too broad question:
- Does time only pass in a region if players are in the region? Like, if both of us are online, then I log off, and the other player is far away, does "time pass", like trees grow, furnaces run, etc. in the region he's not in? I would imagine that would take a load on the server if there are large explored areas.