Okay, so I have the old fat PS3 80gb, which I upgraded with a 250gb hdd ages ago. For the last while, not sure, some stuff has been loading without sound.
- I get a loading chime and XMB tones
- I can play music from the XMB without problem, nice sound
- I can watch TV through the 4OD, iPlayers and the like no issues
- Game trailers work fine, but, they only work if I press
triangleand select the 'Play from beginning'. If I then exit the playback using
circleand then play it again, I get no sound
- I rented a movie from PSN yesterday and it took me 8 tries of playing and quitting to get the sound to work
- I can't get Little Big Planet to work with sound at all this morning
If anyone has any ideas please do chip in, this is starting to really frustrate me. Infamous seems to load with sound every time, Kill Team is a 3/10 chance of getting sound. So it seems to be some games more than others.
I've reset my Sound Settings again, but short of a system factory reset, I'm really not sure what to do at this point.
Taking a note from the 'Play from beginning' I tried pressing
triangle and then 'Start' from the games menu and this doesn't seem to work either.
Created a thread on the tech help sony forums also, http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Games-movies-and-videos-loading-without-sound/td-p/13842737