Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a device or adapter (similar to the one asked about here for the Xbox 360) to allow me to use my Wii remote and classic controller to control PC games?

share|improve this question
up vote 13 down vote accepted

The wiimote can be connected to a computer using BlueTooth. There's a tutorial here on how to connect the wiimote to the computer via a program called BlueSoleil, which is often bundled with BlueTooth sticks (it was bundled with mine). The computer should recognize it as a joystick.

Also, this page lists some interesting things you can do with it. Johnny Lee's project are particularly impressive.

Finally, this page on the WiimoteProject site has a more in-depth guide for various ways to connect it, not only using BlueSoleil.

share|improve this answer

The Wii remote communicates via Bluetooth, so you'll need a Bluetooth receiver.

The games you want to play will also have to be capable of reading input from a Bluetooth device.

share|improve this answer

GlovePie is a great tool that can be used to get input from a wii remote and use it in an existing game.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.