Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Before you and your comrades breach into a room to save a prisoner and enter bullet time to kill off some guards, you will almost-always place a large, flat, square bomb on the door.

Q1: What is that large, flat, square bomb called?

Q2: Unlike C4, why can you stand right in front of & beside the square bomb without taking any damage? The people on the other side (which is blocked by a door) seems to be in great shock, but not you...

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

It's called a breaching charge. I believe in the CoD series they tend to use "Frame Charges" for breaching. It's used specifically for explosive door breaching. A breaching charge is a type of shaped charge, which focuses the force of a blast in a specific direction in order to accomplish a specific purpose.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.