In Final Fantasy 8 there was a really addictive card game that kept me occupied for many, many days.
The basics of the game were:
- There was a board with 9 cells.
- You could select a given amount of cards at the start of the game (I forget how many).
- Each card had a number on each of its edges ranging from 1-A.
- Players take turns placing their selected cards into an unoccupied cell of their choice.
- If an adjacent card owned by the other player has a lower score on the touching edge, you gain control of the card.
- Player with control of the most cards once all cells are filled wins.
There were also some other tactics that involved a bit of basic math to take over two adjacent cards regardless of score if you met certain criteria, etc.
Does anyone know if this game was based off a real card game? I'd like to track it down. A digital version would be even better!