Skyrim is great during the gameplay but I dont like the menus at all. The problem is there are scenarios where I need to switch whole sets of armor, rings, necklaces and weapons very quickly.
For eg, I start quests with sneaking around, for that I use the nightingale armor and use detect life spell + soul trap elven dagger. Now, when a tough guy / boss comes in the way then I need to switch to heavy steel armor, necklace for block, shield and a strong sword. Then I need to switch back.
This involves so much menu navigation that I am starting to hate it. It would be superb if I could assign keys to scenarios like:
- Assassin - light armor + blade
- Warrior - heavy armor + one handed combat
- Sharp shooter - light armor + bow + arrows
- Mage - magica regen apparel + spells
- Thief - muffle apparel + blade + lockpick/pickpocket ring/necklace
- Business man - stuff to increase speech craft and price discount etc etc etc
God! Is it just me or it is such a pain to switch between these items in-game. All because I like efficient gameplay.
I know the game doesnt support this (I know about the Q - # shortcuts) but perhaps there are scripts or mods that allow assigning a keystroke to multiple items (apparel, weapons, spells, shouts, powers)?