This thing is driving me nuts on the PC version of Skyrim:
- Open any menu such as LOAD/SAVE by hitting Escape, talk to a NPC, or just check your inventory.
- Use the WASD keys to navigate because it's faster and hey, my left hand is already there most of the time!
- Mouse cursor happens to be hovering somewhere and decides that another item should be activated when I press E.
- Curse Talos, the Dragons, and all that lives in Tamriel.
- Realize that your day wasn't bad enough yet, so try to hide the mouse cursor on the side of the screen and find out that it makes the camera rotate away from whaveter you're looking at.
This could be related to my play style as I do like to use the mouse on a few occasions.
Even if I put the mouse cursor in a "dead" location it'll always end up somewhere else when I enter a menu because you HAVE to use the mouse to dismiss various modal dialogs that can not be activated with the keyboard.
I've already posted on Bethesda blog once to suggest that they stop the mouse from highlighting anything until you actually move the mouse or click. And also perhaps add keyboard shortcuts to the modal dialogs.
Has someone found a way around this? An INI file setting perhaps that would remove the mouse cursor entirely except for modal dialogs? A mod that would address this?
EDIT: Bolded the question for the person who voted this as not really a question. Sorry if I'm a little too verbose. If user interface/modding questions are frown upon, please let me know.