Several friends and I are playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. We use my Ventrilo server to chat, and have done so for years in other games (World of Warcraft, League of Legends, etc.)
With Star Wars: The Old Republic, two (and only two!) of said friends are having issues with Push to Talk (PTT). For some reason, when the game is focused, their PTT keys no longer work - holding the key down does nothing.
- If they unfocus the game, PTT works again until they go back in.
- Toggling on/off the "Use Direct Input" option did not change behavior.
- They are both using Fullscreen (Windowed) mode and Windows 7 (as are many of us).
- I do not know precisely which keys they are trying to use for PTT, but I know Middle Mouse was attempted.
- Turning off PTT does work, but they prefer to use PTT.
- Just these 2 of all my friends have the issue, and only with Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Has anyone else seen and resolved this issue, or know of good debugging steps to help us resolve it?