Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In the bounty hunter: powertech skill tree, the skill puncture lets rail shot ignore up to 60% of your opponents armour and the skill superheated rail let you ignore 30% of your oppenents armour. So does the combination of these two skills mean that you are ignoring 90% of your opponents armour with each shot? or does the game calculate the values some other way?

share|improve this question
How far down the trees are each of these skills? They may have intentionally made it so that you cannot have both skills at once. – user2974 Dec 24 '11 at 3:00
one is a first level the other is five tiers up the other tree. – user4139 Dec 24 '11 at 8:55
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I would have thought the answer was 72% (1-(1-.6)*(1-.3)), but all the sources I find seem to suggest that 90% is the correct reduction.

Citations: 1,2,3

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.