When I set the render distance to Far in mine craft (latest version as of December 30 2011) it says that I need to install 64bit java.
- I am running Lion (Mac OS 10.7, latest version), 64-bit
- I have 64-bit Java installed as well as 32-bit (proved in the screenshot below)
- I ran a software update (to make sure I had the latest java version)
- I also ran a "force update" in Minecraft
- Restarted my machine several times
- After Googling I checked to see if 64-bit Java was at the top of the list, it was (in screenshot)
This is the error message that I am getting:
Although I can still use the "Far" render distance, it is a tad choppy.
When I open Java Preferences (located in /Applications/Utilities) this is what I see: