For some reason, when pressing 'R' attempting to store an item on a corpse (haven't tried other containers) in TES: Skyrim, the game doesn't respond. This prevents me from completing the quest 'Breaching Security'. The R key otherwise works. The console command 'setstage' seems to bug up with Breaching Security, not letting me advance the DB storyline (though the quest registers as completed).
- My keybindings are normal. I tried remapping the R key, it didn't affect anything. (Also, it still tells me to press 'R' to store items no matter what the weapon sheath/unsheath is mapped to).
- I don't have a message displayed when I try to store something.
- Addendum: I can drop items normally by pressing R, so it's not even an error to do with the inventory screen, just with the storing function.
- Addendum 2: I tried updating to the latest patch, it didn't resolve this problem.
- Addendum 3: Storing items works on other people's computers with a Skyrim installation, on the same savefile.
Can anyone offer a fix for the storage issue or a way to advance the Breaching Security quest otherwise?