On Skyrim for PC, whenever a yes/no dialog pops up ("Are you sure you want to exit alchemy?"), or a dialog with just 'ok'("You learned the _ enchantment"), I can't do anything.
I can't right click or left click on the yes or no or anything else on the screen. EDIT: It appears I can press 'y' for yes and 'n' for no, but nothing seems to work for 'OK' dialogs. I get "stuck", and there is nothing I can do. The sound still works and the hover effects for buttons still works, so the game hasn't crashed, but the game becomes unplayable.
What should I do?
- I use a mouse.
- I don't have any mods, this is a fresh install (3 hours old!)
Things that don't help
- Switching between windowed and fullscreen
- Toggling 'xbox 260 controller' in the settings
- Using Steam's Verify Game Cache
- It found that my skyrim settings file was modified, from entering the above settings, and replaced it with the default
- Restarting the computer
- Playing the game with touchpad only and no external devices
- Playing with a different mouse
- Jimnms interface key fix (discussion thread)
- It doesn't fix the problem I am having but it does tell you the proper keys to pres snow with key mapping consideration