So, I recently discovered the Oghma Infinium and the power-leveling bug that comes with it. That got me to thinking about what might be the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to possibly crank a character from 0-81.
The problem with the Oghma Infinium though, is that the quest to find it requires the character to be at least level 15. So, I still need a way to get those first levels knocked out of the way.
I've managed to get up to around level 8 by abusing the Faendal Trainer/Follower relationship to the max. But, I still need something to get me the rest of the way.
Is there a quick, simple, and relatively low-risk method to reliably make the run from 0-15?
Ideally, the method should:
- Have a relatively low start-up capital requirement. (Something within fairly quick & easy reach of a player fresh out of Helgen.) Ideally, most of the start-up capital should be refundable.
- Be easy to accomplish, without requiring any side work or out-of-process progression.
- Be reliably repeatable. (Not involving tasks with a chance element, like pickpocketing.)
- Involve little to no risk to the character's livelihood. (Ideally no more risk than one might normally incur by simply traveling across the countryside.)
- Be cross-platform. (Your console commands are no good here.)
NOTE: As I was writing this, the Speechcraft leveling exploit just came to mind. However, I don't have time tonight to verify whether a run of one skill up to 100 will be enough to cover the gap. Can anyone confirm how far that might get me?