Take the 2-minute tour ×
Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I remember starting Majora's Mask, loving every minute of it, then having to go off to college and leave the N64 at home with the family. Now that I'm done, and my younger siblings have long since broken our N64, is there a way for me to restart (and finish!) my adventures on the PC?

share|improve this question
Not without an illegal copy of the n64 cart. –  Raven Dreamer Jan 17 '12 at 1:22
Shame. I was hoping there might be a site similar to GoodOldGames.com, but for old console games. –  Gumbz Jan 17 '12 at 1:36
Or a legal copy of a cart you own, depending on your jurisdiction! :P –  Matthew Read Jan 17 '12 at 6:28

2 Answers 2

up vote 7 down vote accepted

The best (Legal) way to play it is with the Wii, where you can download a copy for 1000 Wii points (About $10)

share|improve this answer
Awesome! My family has a Wii. That'll give me something to do during holidays! –  Gumbz Jan 17 '12 at 1:34

Depending on where you live, the law might actually be on your side. In some jurisdictions, you can make backup copies of the ROM on your PC (or use any devices necessary to run your bought software, including cracks) legally.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.