Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have been playing Dungeon Defenders with 4 players on 1 PS3. We would like to transfer 2 characters to another PS3 (which has a different PSN account) so we can "LAN" play together.

How can we transfer the characters (or save file)?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

You can't.

To my knowledge, the only way to transfer Dungeon Defender PS3 game saves is to use the Backup/Restore utility and move it to another console, or with PSN+ I believe you can upload it and download it elsewhere. Both methods will keep it tied to the same PSN account.

Hope this helps somewhat.

share|improve this answer
I see... The DD wiki said The PC, PS3 and mobile device can share character save files. XBOX 360 will not support this. – Zeno Jan 19 '12 at 21:42
You missed the "Coming soon" part when you quoted that line. – dundef111111 Jan 21 '12 at 7:35
That was edited into it a week after the game came out, misrepresenting what the game really featured. – Zeno Jan 21 '12 at 19:55

Another way of getting your character to another PS3 would be to get a save from online, then learn to mod.

You can change the stats/level of players. Most people who do this end up making a level 2,000,000. With all stats maxed as high as possible.

A legit player could modify every to be just like their character. Even the equipment, if you find a loaded save file. Just don't forget to change the serial numbers on the equipment you plan to use.

You risk it dupe/disappearing otherwise

share|improve this answer
This is not a answer that says "the same" as the accepted one? – Michel Jan 27 '14 at 10:17

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.