I've purchased a graphics card lately, a Nvidia Geforce 210, with awesome features. The only downside is my RAM (512). Every kind of video requirement I can max out with this graphics card but my RAM is terrible, but I have to admit new games such as HL2:EP2, DOD:S, HL2, Dark messiah, Minecraft, they all run smooth and at an ideal 60+ framerate at a time.
However, I tried to play TF2 on steam, since it's free, I defragmented it's cache files via steam and I added DXLEVEL 80 and I even lowered my settings bellow the ones recommended for my system, yet I am experiencing TERRIBLE overall performance in TF2.
- Waiting about 5 minutes for the game to start up, and huge lag in the main menu
- In-game it takes about 30 minutes of play-time for the game to run relatively smooth
- When I run into groups of 5+ players the game lags terribly
- I have no ping/network issues
- The game is running in windowed mode at lowest resolution
I did a test to see if my game can run it, and it's above the minimum required specifications, But it is absolutely unplayable, Why is the performance so bad?
My PC Specs:
- OS: Windows XP Professional.
- CPU: Single-Core Processor.
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 210.
- RAM: 512 MB