I would like to build an Oblivion character that has perfect leveling with a 5/5/1 (if possible, but if the 5/5/5 is easier I'll go for that), as I like to increase luck too. What is a build that will allow me to do this without really worrying too much about accidentally leveling a skill (for example it's easy to accidentally level athletics or if you're a jump-a-holic like me, acrobatics).
I'm looking for
- Race (would prefer one that looks more human, so Breton or Imperial, just because they look better, but would consider another race for strategic purposes.)
- Custom class - 7 skills and spec.
I've done some preliminary research on it, which indicates you want to try to make your 7 skills be split among the 7 attributes. The first few are simple, but the others are more challenging.
- Agi - security: easy to control, just avoid locks when i don't want to level, and easy to level on queue by getting most of the tumblers, then exiting.)
- End - block: just don't block in combat, or do nothing but block in combat. Simple
- Int - alchemy: easy to control for obvious reasons
- Per - speechcraft: so easy to level it's ridiculous. I'm pretty good and fast at the wheel (was sad to see it go for Skyrim!!)
- Spe - ??
- Str - ??
- Wil - ??
The speed, strength, and willpower choices seem very difficult. They're much harder to control.
Right now I'm thinking speed could be light armor, and I can avoid leveling it by avoiding combat or playing without armor (it's really not that bad!)
For strength, I only get blade, blunt, or hand to hand. I can't really tell if I should have one, two, or none in my main spec, and just level these as offs. I really need strength to boost carry-weight of course. In my opinion it's the most important stat!
For willpower, I can choose between alt, dest, or rest. Rest you pretty much always need for combat. I almost never use alt when I play, but either that or dest would work as I can avoid using them pretty easy.