I am seeing this bug in Skyrim where Wulfgar doesn't respond though you found his horn.
Various attempts and work-arounds I've tried:
- Walked or sprinted through the gate and closed it
- Replayed and closed the gate immediately after learning Whirlwind
- Current on all patches (as of March 2, 2012)
- Deleted character and related Skyrim files in case any files were corrupt
- Reloaded multiple times before and after returning the horn
- Additional (frustration-driven) attempts
- Attacked the Greybeards, left the area, and snuck until forgotten
- Completed side quests before returning
- Slept and tried multiple times (16 or so)
Despite what I try, replaying up to the same spot gives me the same bug.
Does anyone know of a workaround aside from the closing the gate or reloading an earlier manual or autosave game?
I've returned the horn to Arngeir, but he doesn't stand in the circle with the other Greybeards. I've noticed from videos where this is working that he is part of the circle.
I emailed Bethesda support, if you have the same issue consider emailing them as well.