Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In Mass Effect 1, I was a male Shepard and romanced Liara.

In Mass Effect 2 Liara was off brokering so I kinda fell for the rebel with a loving soul Jack.

Question: Are my romance options limited because I cheated on Liara? Or is there an opportunity to rekindle my first relationship.

Bonus Joke Question: Will Jack kill me? ;)

share|improve this question
Short answer: yes. All I know is "there will be consequences". One link of many – MBraedley Mar 6 '12 at 22:56
up vote 7 down vote accepted

While it will take effort, it will always be possible to reunite with your ME1 Romance. In that sense, 'cheating' does not limit your options in any way. However you will need to overcome an additional obstacle to your relationship.

You can also enter a relationship with either of the ME1 survivors in your squad regardless of whether you had done so previously.

Where your romance choice in ME2 does limit you is in the carryover options. Specifically, you cannot initiate a romance with any of the ME2 romantic carryovers. Unless you initiated it in ME2 (in which case it will carry over), you will be unable to enter a relationship with

Tali, Garrus, or Miranda.

share|improve this answer
So if I romanced Ashley in ME1, and Tali in ME2, I'll still be able to continue the romance with either one? I can't brain very well today, so I'm confused. – Fluttershy Mar 6 '12 at 23:19
That's correct. However, if you romanced Ashley in ME1 and Jack in ME2, you would not be able to romance Tali in ME3. You could however romance either Ashley or Liara (or one of the new options!). – LessPop_MoreFizz Mar 6 '12 at 23:25

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.