At the moment I am using this strategy:
- Pokemon as the first in party (engaging in all fights, even when I need to switch for a more powerful/better suited Pokemon).
- Exp.Share equipped.
- Fighting the Elite Four + Champion (30 Pokemon with range of 7x)
This strategy works great when I am leveling a low level Pokemon. I tested with Sawk level 18, and he finished at level 82 after one pass (all 5 trainers).
But with Ho-Oh 82 I only got to level 87 (I was expecting 89 or 90). I know that the amount of experience is different, but am I doing it right?
- Should I go full fights with a high level Pokemon (even with disadvantage elements)?
- Should I use Lucky Egg instead of Exp.Share?
- Should I use some other method?
How can I improve my technique?