Spoiler warning! Don't read if you haven't completed the game!
I've completed Hell but am currently level 59 and farming xp as fast as I can to start Inferno. Because I'm a relatively squishy class (Demon Hunter) I can't quickly or easily run higher levels solo. I'm sure this is not the case or barbarians or monks, however. Currently my xp-farming plan goes as follows:
- Start a new game, Nightmare, at the very end of Act III (Kill Azmodan/Heart of Sin).
- Rush through the mobs (or take the time to kill rare spawns if you want).
- Kill Azmodan for ~44k xp (on Hell this jumps to 105k xp).
- Rush through the cutscenes to the beginning of Act IV (receive another ~44k xp, or 105k on Hell).
- Kill the introductory miniboss Iskatu for several thousand xp (less than the prior rewards but still significant, exact numbers escape me at the moment);
I'm sure a monk or barbarian could run this on Hell somewhat quickly for around 300k xp, however as a high-level low-survivability class, I need to run this on Nightmare for significantly less, about ~120k xp per run.
Does anyone have a better solution for quickly racking up the ~2mil xp needed for the high 50's and 60 leveling as a non-tanking class (or in general)? If you have the time/dedication, please try to put some numbers/estimates when making alternate suggestions. As a rough estimate as time goes, this takes about as long as the Diablo fight, if you watch all the in-fight cutscenes.