I'm thinking about returning to EVE, but i don't know if there is a career for me - last time i did a few courier contracts in lowsec with my Cheetah and some exploration missions - i don't find shooting at ships or asteroids that much fun.
I wonder if being a one-character freelance spy would be a possible career in EVE (I don't mind losing a ship from time to time or not making a profit in the end).
- Is it even possible to gather some usefull intel by flying into a system with a covert ops and scanning that couldn't be found out by easier ways (e.g. disposable alts)?
What i also wonder about:
- Would there be demand for such intel?
- For how long will it stay usable?
- Is there a standard format to give the intel to other players - printscreens, videos, 3rd party applications that read game data?
- What contract type should i offer to the other party so that they can decide to pay me if they find my intel usefull?
- After jumping into a system, my ship is invisible - can i always jump out before they can attack me or what are their options - how much time do i have in average?
- Besides safe spots, what other tricks should i learn to increase my survivability?
- What are the best blogs/forums/news to read about politics, major and minor aliances in EVE?