I no longer have CS 1.6 but I still got Condition Zero, which is, in my opinion, plays identical to 1.6, except for the overpowered spread weapons (HE, Shotguns, Machine Gun).
Here are the differences that I've observed (some may be already mentioned):
- CS:S has approximately 25% less recoil compare to CS:CZ, but is more sensitive to movement, especially the AWP (Arctic Warfare Police) sniper rifle. Tapping the walk key as you fire your weapon really helps.
- The spray pattern is not that consistent.
- The quick-shot (I think it's an anomaly) trick with a sniper rifle is no longer available.
- Crouching/ducking now only gives a little accuracy boost. As in CS:CZ, it works like a charm.
- The 2nd shot with the Desert Eagle is no longer magically accurate.
- Weapon damage is now variable, such as: in a very close range, an MP5 can give a killer 100 damage to the head if your opponent is not wearing a helmet.
- You will no longer be pushed slightly if you got hit at the body while standing or in mid-air.
- Ammunition is now free (which I personally do not like) and your weapons will be automatically reloaded at the start of the next round. In CS:CZ you need to at least hit the reload key.
- You can now only wall-bang though thin walls.
- Grenades have different physics that is dependent on your movement. And the way you throw it is now harder, but it bounces less.
- Flashbang has a different overall effect.
- HE-Grenade does less damage and that damage is block-able by a wall.
- Both flashbang and he-grenade could jam your hearing for a while if it explodes near you.
- The effect of smoke grenade is really thick.
- The physical size of grenades are now smaller.
- It is impossible to make a quick turn from walking in one direction for a while. There is a noticeable delay as if your character is having a hard time gathering a momentum. I really hate it.
- Falling from a height now gives a variable damage, depending on the weapon you are carrying.
- The sound effects of weapon firing, reloading, and picking equipments are now louder.
- The initial sound of defusing a bomb has a loudness that is dependent on your range to the bomb location.
- The footsteps of your team mates and opponents are now much harder to hear.
- The head hitbox anomaly while planting/defusing a bomb has been removed, but it seems that it made a comeback with the orange box update.
- The crosshair has a different scale but shows how the weapon is sensitive to movement. If you want to restore the classic one, you must enter these console commands: [cl_dynamiccrosshair 2; cl_legacy_crosshair 1; cl_legacy_crosshair_recoil 1]
- Custom crosshair color and center dot is now available.
- Body armor is now tougher. It's best to go for the head shot whenever possible.
- The expert bots are now lethal. And whatever happens, don't let them carry an auto sniper (especially the G3SG1) because, ooooooohh boy!! XD