As @yx. mentioned already, gloves are very popular for crafting as good rolls can add CritChance, CritDamage, IAS etc. - if you get all 3 of them, then it can be very profitable. The 6 property Exalted Grand Sovereign Vambraces recipe is extremely expensive, an alternative may be the 5 prop version - now that crafting costs have been reduced for 4/5 prop recipes, you can get double the attempts to get a good item for the same cost. Unfortunately, the 5 prop gloves has also skyrocketed from around 350k to 1m+ since the cost reduction.
Some things to keep in mind when choosing a recipe:
Don't invest in weapons: Very unprofitable to craft these; as they must have a few properties to be worth anything at all. viz., +dmg as well as +%dmg at a minimum, and preferably +CritDmg as well - if not, then it is just vendor food.
Don't go for class specific items: If you follow the previous point, this only applies to wizard hats, demon hunter cloaks etc. The reason is that you need a more specific roll for these, e.g.:
- Wizard hats must have Int on them; a good roll of 200 Str 150 Vit would be awesome for a barbarian but is useless for wizards.
- Demon Hunter cloaks need +Dex, a high Int roll isn't enough
So, what is left? Basically ...
Non-class specific armor is your best bet to get more chances of a useful roll where you can try to recoup costs; while you wait for the amazing combos that earn you millions.
Now, among the various slots which ones to target is affected by awareness of the other choices available for that slot, and the importance of specific affixes. The ones I consider as comparatively worse investments and a reason why, are:
- Head: Helm of Command is considered BIS (best in slot) by many due to the added block chance.
- Shoulders: Seven Sins, another craftable unique, is BIS for this slot
- Boots: Everyone wants these with +Speed; esp. ranged classes. So you need that one stat along with other high rolls to have a very valuable craft.
- Belt: Melee classes consider String of Ears as BIS, meaning 2/5 of your potential clients will not be as interested in good rares for this slot.
- Shield: I believe the i63 Sacred Shield with highest block rate & absorption (and +Block Chance) is preferred here; and as with all i63 items it is not craftable.
Unless you want to be a dedicated crafter (and are very rich already) the 6 property recipes are out of your reach. Gloves are a popular choice so you can consider 5 prop vambraces; unsure of the market for rare chest armor or bracers but they might be a cheaper alternative.