In short, this is done by creating a Scripts folder in your TSW installation, placing HTML formatted text in there and then invoking it from the chat command-line. It's a bit complicated. A detailed guide can be found here.
A basic example:
- Go to your TSW install directory e.g.
C:\Program Files\The Secret World\
- Create a Scripts directory (or use the existing one if any)
- Create a text file (with Notepad) and name it MyInfo (just an example name)
- Create HTML formatted text, e.g.
The morning light <font color=red>burns</font>
- Put this in the text file you've created:
- Replace htmlhere with the HTML formatted text you created
- Also replace chatlinkhere with the name of the link you want people to click on
- Now save the resulting file MyInfo
- You can now invoke this in game with
/MyInfo on the chat command line
Here's the whole file if you've put it together correctly:
<a href="text://The morning light <font color=red>burns</font>">Test</a>
And this is what it looks like in game:
Told you it was a bit complicated, didn't I?
You can use various HTML tags for formatting and also issue any chat command, including sending tells and opening URLs with the chatcmd:// URL scheme. More details in this guide.
This is not to be confused with linking items to chat, which is as simple as Ctrl-rightlicking the item.