I think I can master the early game pretty well now in Marine Arena, but I get into trouble in the endgame. Often I engage the enemy with my army, and we both lose most of our troops. Suddenly I have a lot of resources from the battle (1500 - 2000), but almost no units, except the ones that recently spawned. Now the enemy can just come into my base and crush me (the one I just fought with a couple of their leftover units, or worse, a third enemy).
- Upgrading units in the short term seems a waste as I have so few.
- Buying a hero takes too long (and I also might not have hero upgrades yet).
- Drop marines seems viable, but if I go for teched mercs, they're weaker than the enemies'.
- If I manage to buy an extra savior, I might surprise them, but that seems a waste if they're attacking me with just a handful of units. Also, it's hard to get if you don't have map control.
- Defensive structures seem useless against late game units.
Often people just camp around in their base, and wait for someone else to make the first move and lose. This sort of gameplay undermines the game and is not fun so I'd like to apply a strategy that is more participatory.
How I can quickly turn my surplus money into dps in the late game or is this even possible?