I need some clarification on how damage over time (DoT) effects work in the Secret World;
- Can a tick from a DoT perform a crit?
- Does a tick from a DoT count as a hit?
I mostly want to know this because I ask myself:
- Can a DoT proc passives? (e.g. on hit, on crit or on hit on a afflicted/hindered target passives)
Right now my character is not advanced enough to have DoTs but I'm considering moving into it. However, I'm not sure how passives work with single/multiple damage over time effects.
I saw some "every time you set afflicted state" passives.
- Do these passives proc when the DoT is reset before it's duration is over?
- Do these passives proc when the target is already afflicted/has another DoT on it?